With just 36% of adults with a mental disorder receiving treatment in any given year, the programs, research, and other work of the APA Foundation have a long way to go until we have a mentally healthy nation.
And you can help. The most immediate need is for fiscal contributions. The American Psychiatric Association Foundation is an IRS designated 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. This means any contribution you make is tax-deductible. And there are many ways to give:
- Donate securely online to our annual fund, and we will allocate the funds where there is the greatest need
- Donate securely online to specific programs, fellowships, grants and/or awards.
- Make a bequest, or gift of stock.
- You can, as a federal employee, designate the APA Foundation during your Combined Federal Campaign #11225.
- Give while you shop! When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to American Psychiatric Foundation.
No matter the resources you have available to give personally, there is a way you can help the Foundation achieve its mission.