American Psychiatric Association (www.psychiatry.org)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION WEB SITES
6. Personal Login Information. Certain features and areas of the APA Web sites are available only with registration, login and/or a paid subscription. If you are required to register and select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"), you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. APA is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You must contact APA immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information, or otherwise wish to deactivate your Personal Login Information due to security concerns.
8. User Obligations. You warrant that you will abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the APA Web sites and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the APA Web sites by other users or with APA's operation and management of the APA Web sites. You will, at all times, provide true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting information or materials on the APA Web sites, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through an APA Web site registration form. If any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information is submitted by you, APA reserves the right to terminate your access and use of the APA Web sites. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the APA Web sites, or defame or otherwise harm any party, including APA, through your use of the APA Web sites.
9. Proprietary Rights. The content of the APA Web sites includes, without limitation, (i) APA's trademarks, service marks, seal, logos, brands, and brand names, trade dress and trade names and other distinctive identification (collectively "APA Marks"); and (ii) information, data, materials, interfaces, computer code, databases, products, services, software applications and tools, text, images, photographs, audio and video material, and artwork, and (iii) the design, structure, selection, compilation, assembly, coordination, expression, functionalities, applications, look and feel, and arrangement of any content contained in or available through the APA Web sites (the items identified in subsections (i) (ii) and (iii) shall be collectively referred to herein as "APA Content"). APA Content is the property of the APA, its licensors, sponsors, partners, advertisers, content providers or other third parties and is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national and international laws, treaties and regulations. The reproduction, transmission, distribution, sale, publication, broadcast, circulation or dissemination of any APA Content by you, or by you through any other person or entity, is prohibited unless express written consent is separately obtained from the APA or the owner of such content if the APA is not the owner. Any use of the APA Marks without APA's express written consent is strictly prohibited. You may not alter, delete, obscure or conceal any copyright or other notices appearing in the APA Content, including any such notices appearing on any APA Content you are permitted to download, transmit, display, print, or reproduce from the APA Web sites.
10. Responsibility for Use of the Internet and APA Web sites. Use of the Internet and the APA Web sites is solely at your risk and is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. APA does not guarantee the confidentiality or security of any communication or other material transmitted to or from the APA Web sites over the Internet or other communication network. APA shall not be obligated to correct or update the APA Web sites or the APA Content and APA shall not be liable for omissions, typographical errors, or out-of-date information which may appear on the APA Web sites.
11. Medical Disclaimer. The APA Content is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, or as a substitute for the medical advice of a physician.
12. Patient Information. The APA Web sites, including any public forums which you may access via the APA Web sites, may contain confidential patient information ("Patient Information"). State and federal laws, as well as ethical and licensure requirements, may impose obligations with respect to patient confidentiality that may limit your ability to receive, disclose, or make use of Patient Information, including transmitting Patient Information to others. You warrant that you will comply with all laws that may directly or indirectly govern your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure, or storage of Patient Information. You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining any patient consents, if applicable, and all other consents or permissions required by law or advisable with respect to your retrieval, use, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information. You shall be solely responsible for your retrieval, use or misuse, transmission, processing, receipt, reporting, disclosure or storage of Patient Information.
13. Third-Party Information. The APA Web sites may feature materials, information, products, and services provided by third parties. Any such information, including but not limited to articles, press clippings, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information made available by third parties such as content providers and other users of the APA Web sites are those of the respective third party and not of APA or its affiliates. APA makes no representation with respect to, nor does it guarantee or endorse, the quality, non-infringement, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of such third-party materials, information, services or products. Comments posted in the blog section of the APA Web sites do not necessarily reflect the position of the APA or any of its subsidiaries or related organizations.
14. Links to Third Party Web sites. The APA Web sites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which APA exercises no control. The appearance of any such third-party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to the APA Web sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
15. Links to APA Web sites and APA Content. Links posted by third parties to the APA Web sites and/or APA Content may not use the APA trademark or logo and shall not suggest that APA promotes or otherwise endorses any third-party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Web sites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the APA Web sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. APA reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates APA's rights or causes interruption or deterioration of APA Content.
16. Warranties Disclaimed. THE APA WEB SITES AND APA CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER APA, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEES NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY "APA PARTIES") PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (i) THE APA WEB SITES OR APA CONTENT, OR ANY RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED BY YOU, ARE COMPLETE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR NON-INFRINGING; (ii) ACCESS TO THE APA WEB SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; (iii) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE APA WEB SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (iv) APA CONTENT WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED OR ACCESSIBLE ON THE APA WEB SITES. ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
18. Exclusions permitted by law. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 17 AND 18 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND APA'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
26. Statute of Limitations. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the APA Web sites must be filed by you within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.